Joshua and I have our engagement photo session next week! It’s exciting to be on the other side of the camera – and I’m doing my best to take my own advice when it comes to prepping for the session. I have a few tips to share with you!
- Take time to pick out outfits that you’re comfortable in – it adds a bit of your personality to the photos. Also make sure the outfits complement each other.
- Ladies, wear your hair down. It gives your man the opportunity to play with it or fix it during the session.
- Be extra touchy. It will feel silly at first, but this is your chance to get comfortable in front of your photographer before the wedding day. Try Eskimo kisses, tickling, snuggling extra tight. Those romantic shots are the ones you’ll treasure most.
- Don’t be afraid to be silly. Dance together, chase each other, laugh A LOT.
- Your outfit should make you feel like a total babe – so there’s no need to ask the photographer to photoshop anything. You’re perfect just the way you are.
- Look at photo ideas beforehand so you and your fiancé are comfortable with poses. If the photographer sets you up in a way you feel is awkward, just tell them.
Most of all – enjoy your time together! There’s no need for perfection – just relax!