Well, this is it! Saturday is the big day and I could not be more excited!
I really have been planning my wedding since I was about 9 years old. I have always been fascinated with weddings and all that goes into them. There are so many fun, interesting things you can do to really make your wedding day “you”. I wanted my wedding to be simple and elegant, but fun at the same time, and I think we will accomplish all three of those things.
Looking back at the planning process, I wouldn’t change anything! I was lucky to have a longer engagement, even though at the time I thought we were waiting too long. It actually helped a lot! We were able to take our time and really think about how we wanted our wedding day to be. We changed a couple of things along the way, and we didn’t have to be worried about time constraints at all! It has been a pretty stress-free process!
This week has been about the small details. Getting mints and nuts for the cake table, getting a dish to serve the mints and nuts in, getting cake plates, napkins and forks, finalizing details with vendors, taking the cake topper to HyVee Bakery, and so on. Many, many things to do, but I have lots of help which has made a huge difference!
All in all, pretty much everything is done, and we are ready to get married!
Here are some tips to remember when planning a wedding. Hopefully remembering these things will help your process be stress-free too!
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Not everything is going to go perfectly smooth, there will be some bumps along the way. Just remain calm and adjust!
- Don’t put too much pressure on Mom. This is your day and even though your mom is a huge part of it, she doesn’t need to feel the weight of the load. Include her in almost everything, just don’t require her to do too much.
- Include your future mother-in-law. This will make her feel great and will allow you two to bond! 🙂
- Plan ahead as much as possible. Don’t wait until the last minute to book a DJ or a reception location. When you get engaged, jump on the planning and that will save you a lot of stress in the end. Venue’s book up fast!
- Don’t be a bridezilla! Remember that you asked your bridesmaid’s to be a part of your special day because you love them and want them there with you on the biggest day of your life. You did not ask them to be bridesmaids/slaves. They will appreciate you understanding that they have other things going on in their lives besides your wedding!
- On the other hand, take help when it is offered, it will make your life easier.
- Most important, don’t get wrapped up in the color of the napkins, or the shape of the cake, or the type of flowers used in the bouquets. While those things are important, the most important thing is that you are combining your life with the life of the man you love. You are going to spend the rest of your life with the love of your life, so enjoy the process and remember why you are planning! 🙂