It’s time to think out of the box! There are so many ways to get married and you can get as creative as you want. This shoot by Kirstina E. Photography was a perfect example of how you can shake it up. Think bright colors, unique hair, and a different kind of location. I hope this shoot gives you inspiration to be yourself and do what you want to do!
What is your inspiration for this shoot?
My inspiration for the shoot truly was the idea of, “leather and lace” – a not so typical photo shoot for not so typical brides. I want to encourage brides and grooms to out of the box ideas. Today we see so many extravagant venues and bright white, pastels and other light colors…. I wanted color! …and all the THINGS! So I contacted Hello Beautiful and Divas Floral Shop with the idea of “Leather and Lace” they hopped right on board! Stacy, the florist, stated she had been wanting to do a floral mo-hawk for some time and asked if that would go with my idea… it fed my idea even more! Megan and Jenna are top when it comes to helping another local businesses inspiration and provided a beautiful lace gown and a Tip Top Tux.
That led me to finding the perfect location! A local bar, Gillies, had all of the signs on the wall, colorful seats and a pool table… it was perfect! To show some of the most unexpected locations and their beauty to me is a fun inspirational challenge! In the middle of the state and out west we have a lot of unique areas and my location for the shoot showed just that no matter your area or location I’m up for the challenge to show you just how beautiful we can make it!
My bride and groom, lucky for me, are a real couple! Kyna, our bride, is a hair stylist and makeup artist for Platform Hair Studio in Kearney so it could not have worked out any better!
There are seemingly endless possibilities when it comes to wedding flower options. Chances are you’re enlisting a professional florist who will work wonders with your floral decor, but don’t hesitate to make a request if there is a particular plant that you’re dying to see in your bridal bouquet! Below, find some of our favorites and read a little bit about their traditional symbolism.
1. Anemone Interpretations and meaning: Some say the anemone offers protection against ill wishes and can also symbolize excitement for the future.
2. Craspedia Interpretations and meaning: Good health.
3. Dahlia Interpretations and meaning: Dahlias can represent dignity and elegance. They are also the symbol of a commitment and bond that will last forever.
4. Lilac Interpretations and meaning: Blue lilacs are said to symbolize happiness and tranquility, while the magenta blooms represent love and passion. Lilac, the color for which the flower is named, is a light purple that symbolizes a first love.
5. Lily of the Valley Interpretations and meaning: Lily of the Valley frequently symbolize modesty and happiness and have been a popular choice for wedding ceremonies since the middle ages.
6. Peony Interpretations and meaning: Symbolism of these gorgeous and incredibly popular blooms range from romance and prosperity to good fortune and a happy marriage.
7. Protea Interpretations and meaning: Protea symbolize change and transformation in many different cultures.
8. Wax Flower Interpretations and meaning: The Waxflower is sometimes associated with riches and enduring wealth, but they are also known to represent lasting love.
Are you interested in including a statement piece at your wedding reception? Take this inspiration to your florist to have them create a beautiful floral chandelier for you to hang at your reception! We love all the variety and ways you could change these chandeliers up so they match your wedding aesthetic!